High School or University Certificate.
– Basic experience in the field of photography.
– A demonstrable interest in technology work.
lately, we are seeing more drones in the sky, people and specially journalists are more interested in those “ birds” and are willing to move from asking about how do you fly a drone into how I can use a drone ? even if its for our social media platforms. Journalism since 2013 is more into using drones for the sake of more options to give much needed context such as how big ? how massive ? how far ? how wide ? nowadays drones are nearly ready to fly ,but is that all ? NO as the drone communities are growing, more responsibilities are keen to protect this new industry from being banned ,and journalists like hobbyists need to know the rules and safety procedures
By the end of the course, trainees are expected to be able to:
Stay safe using drone.
What kind of drones is useful to use
More confident using a drone
What kind of shots are the best to tell a story.
– pre-check list for drones
– safety and regulations
– Drone flight simulator training
– what we need to know about drones APP
– Basic maintenances procedures for safe operations
Basic maintenance procedures; how to maintain and store LIPO batteries, how to balance a camera gimbal, calibrating sensors (compass), changing broken propellers.
– Recommendations and next steps how to choose the right system for your needs
– What is the best camera settings for areal photography
A Graduation certificate accredited by Oakridge Academy.